Yellow Trunk Designs on Etsy.com

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Design Idea: Fabric Covered Hooks

We recently finished our half bathroom. The whole room was "inspired" by these gray and yellow towels I had found at Target.... but I have this problem: I am indecisive when it comes to decorating and furnishing my home! Sure, I can easily design and pick out items for other people but when it comes to myself it takes me FOREVER to make a decision and by the time I do I am ready to re-paint and redecorate (visualize my husband rolling his eyes at this moment).

Back to the half bathroom, I was having a hard time finding a towel rack that I liked AND was affordable. Since I have quite a stash of fabric and my husband has quite a stash of wood I decided to make my own. It was a really easy project and the total cost was under $10! I was so inspired by how easy and cheap it was I made a coat rack in the coat closet at "kid level" so my children could hang up their own coats, and a purse/bag holder for under our open staircase.

                   BEFORE                                                                         AFTER


Items Needed:
Fabric (Use wood and cut around, make sure there's enough excess to wrap and staple)
Wood (cut to size to fit space)
Hooks (Home Depot has a great selection)
D-Rings for 30 lbs (also available at Home Depot)
Staple Gun



1 comment:

  1. very neat Carol! hmmm... where do I NEED one of these? :)

    ReplyDelete